Dental Hygiene Day at the State House
Please join us and have your voice heard in support of dental hygiene
Tuesday February 23, 2016
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Light Breakfast and Registration - Grand Staircase
Meetings with State Legislators/Oral Health Screenings
• One (1) Free Continuing Education Credit for attendance at presentations and participation.
• Complimentary Breakfast is provided
• Registration is free, register via e-mail to ensure your participation
• Be sure to contact your state senator and state representative and invite them to the Grand Staircase on February 23
To register E-mail your name and home address so that we can properly identify
your state senator and state representative to:
E. Jane Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2016
PLEASE MARK SUBJECT AS LOBBY DAY
MCCC Unit Position
Effective Posting Date: February 7, 2016
POSITION: FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS: DENTAL HYGIENE
· Dental Hygiene (One or More Positions)
· Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting (One or More Positions)
For over fifty years, Quinsigamond Community College has provided opportunities for a first-rate education and personal growth to thousands of area men and women. Some students choose to prepare for immediate entry into a career field. Some choose to transfer to bachelor’s level programs at four-year colleges and universities, and some choose opportunities for personal growth and cultural enrichment. Quinsigamond Community College is seeking student-centered faculty and staff who are committed to the community college mission and actively engaged in promoting diversity.
This position facilitates learning for students enrolled in the Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene and/or the Certificate for Dental Assisting. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong dental clinical skills and academic experience in Dental Hygiene.
The full-time workload for this position may take place in Worcester or any another QCC instructional location.
The full-time faculty member reports directly to the Dean of the School of Healthcare
The full-time faculty member exercises supervision over personnel assigned to him/her.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide classroom, laboratory and/or team teaching instruction and facilitate individualized and non-traditional approaches to learning as appropriate.
2. Develop and/or revise instructional materials with other faculty members.
3. Develop and apply instructional methods that engage students of varying learning styles and abilities.
4. Demonstrate professional dental hygiene practice through the ability to teach in dental clinic/laboratory.
5. Develop and apply assessment strategies that maximize the learning process and measure student learning outcomes.
6. Actively participate in ongoing curriculum & program review.
7. Conduct academic advising and assistance of students.
8. Participate in college service activities in concert with the provisions of the MCCC Agreement.
9. Actively support the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
10. Work actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
11. Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
12. Provide flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revise accordingly.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in Dental Hygiene or related area or evidence that the Master’s
Degree will be completed within three years of hire.
2. Experience teaching adult learners.
3. Active member of the American Dental Hygiene Association (ADHA).
4. Massachusetts’s L-Permit – local anesthesia license.
5. Experience teaching in American Dental Association accredited dental programs.
6. Registered Dental Hygienist licensed in the state of Massachusetts and in good
standing or DDS/DMD with clinical dental hygiene experience.
7. CPR certified at Health Care Provider level.
8. If interested in teaching both Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting, must be willing to
join the American Dental Assisting Association (ADAA) upon hire and take the Certified
Dental Assistant (CDA) exam within 6 months of hire.
1. Two years of successful college teaching, preferably in a community or technical college setting.
2. Documented examples of curriculum / course development and assessment.
3. Demonstrated track record in innovative, non-traditional modes of instruction and instructional delivery, including team teaching across disciplines, on-line learning and service learning.
4. Well-articulated understanding of the role of community colleges, their students and philosophy.
5. Evidence of understanding of and appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism.
6. Integration of computer technology into instruction.
7. Predisposition to working in a dynamic environment requiring flexibility, adaptability, and teamwork.
8. Strong evidence of passionate commitment to striving for excellence in working with students, faculty, and staff and in responding to opportunities that extend the Mission of the College.
9. Documented evidence/examples of effective communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to teach dental hygiene didactic, lab and clinical courses.
11. Relevant experience working or teaching in any of the following areas: Dental Hygiene and/or Dental Assisting.
12. Credentialed as a Certified Dental Assistant
13. Three to five years of dental hygiene clinical practice with periodontally involved patients
Salary is commensurate with MCCC/MTA salary schedule and dependent upon such factors as education and experience. Minimum starting salary for Master's level candidate is $42,921. Full salary range is $42,921 to $55,000. Full benefits package.
Visit our Web Site at www.qcc.edu for information about our college. All applicants must apply online and submit a cover letter and resume along with a separate written statement of philosophy of education including how that philosophy informs the teaching/learning process in a community college setting postmarked not later than February 28, 2016. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) request. Bilingual persons are encouraged to apply. Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Quinsigamond Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Mount Ida College: Assistant Professor, Dental Hygiene
The Dental Hygiene Program is currently accepting applications for a
full-time, non-tenure track faculty position beginning Fall 2016. This
position will be responsible for clinical local anesthesia/radiology/dental
materials didactic, clinical and laboratory instruction in the Dental
Hygiene Program and for interdisciplinary education/health trends/research
design for health sciences/developing grants in a Master of Health Sciences
Candidates must have a Master’s degree in a related field as well as
didactic, clinical (first year, second year and laboratory/preclinic) and
laboratory instruction experience (including radiology & dental materials).
Licensed RDH in good standing, ADHA membership and Massachusetts Permit L
with practicing local anesthesia experience are required. Experience with
online instruction, assessment, hybrid course development is preferred.
Experience in conducting research and teaching in a graduate program is
preferred. Strong organizational and computer skills including a thorough
knowledge of Dentrix dental software, Dexis radiology software, and learning
To apply please click on this link: